Thursday, July 3, 2008

Off We Go!

As you all know, the One O'Clock Lab Band is going on a three week tour of Western Europe. This blog is an effort to give a band member's perspective of the tour.

A little about myself: my name is Sara Jacovino, and i play second trombone in and write for the One O'Clock Lab Band. Like Neil Slater and many other members of this band, this tour is my farewell to UNT and the One O'Clock. This tour could not have come at a busier time for me, personally-- I have been packing my belongings and mailing them off in anticipation of my move to Connecticut.

For the past week, the band has met for about 3 hours a day to rehearse/shake the rust off of our repertoire. These rehearsals were long, but necessary! Today is the morning of the tour, and I still am running around like crazy trying to pack/clean house/tie up the loose ends-- That being said, I'm going to cut this short-- I only have 90 minutes until our scheduled farewell from Kenton Hall.... traveling with this band is always fun.

No comments: